MINNEAPOLIS – No. one Texas Swimming freshman Luke Hobson broke Michael Phelps’ 17-18 Nationwide Age Group document in the five hundred cost-free in the prelims in the course of working day two of the Minnesota Invitational at the Jean K Freeman Aquatics Heart, then broke his own document in the final.
Hobson swam a four:12.12 in the early morning prelims of the five hundred cost-free, besting Phelps’ 2004 time of four:12.33. The freshman adopted that by winning the final with a mark of four:09.seventy two, the swiftest time in the NCAA this year.
Cameron Auchinachie posted the fastest 50 cost-free moments in the NCAA this year, swimming 18.94 in the prelims, then winning the final in 18.eighty.
The Longhorns closed out the night time with their 3rd victory of the night, winning the 400 Medley Relay with a time of 3:02.48 from Auchinachie, Caspar Corbeau, Alvin Jiang and Daniel Krueger.
- Hobson, a indigenous of Reno, Nevada, had a past finest in the five hundred cost-free of four:16.fifty six.
- Auchinachie is the 1st swimmer in the NCAA to document moments underneath 19 seconds this year.
- Auchinachie, Corbeau, Jiang and Krueger 400 Medley Relay of 3:02.48 was an A-Qualifier and the top mark in the NCAA the year.
- Coby Carrozza (four:15.forty seven) and Alex Zettle (four:15.94) completed in fifth and sixth, respectively, in the five hundred cost-free.
- Corbeau completed next in the 200 IM with a time of one:forty one.53, the 3rd-swiftest time in the NCAA this year, whilst Jake Foster positioned fourth with a time of one:forty two.ninety eight, the eighth-swiftest mark this year.
- Drew Kibler took next in 50 cost-free in 19.19 (eighth-swiftest this year) and Krueger completed fourth with a time of 19.32.
The Minnesota Invitational continues on Thursday, Dec. 3 with the prelims at ten a.m. CT and finals at 6 p.m. CT.