Through 2 Quarters
The Philadelphia 76ers can’t call it a day yet, but they are winning as expected. a win is still up for grabs for either team at halftime, but they are up 54-48 over the Los Angeles Lakers
The 76ers have enjoyed the tag-team combination of center Joel Embiid and power forward Tobias Harris. The former has 13 points and four assists in addition to six rebounds, while the latter has 11 points and three assists along with three boards. A double-double would be Embiid’s fifth in a row. One thing to keep an eye out for is Tyrese Maxey’s foul situation as he currently sits at three.
Power forward Anthony Davis has done his best for Los Angeles, currently boasting 23 points (48% of their total) along with five rebounds and two blocks.
Los Angeles @ Philadelphia
Current Records: Los Angeles 24-24; Philadelphia 28-19
What to Know
The Los Angeles Lakers are staying on the road Thursday to face off against the Philadelphia 76ers at 7:30 p.m. ET Jan. 27 at Wells Fargo Center. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Los Angeles netted a 106-96 victory over the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday. The Lakers’ small forward LeBron James was on fire, picking up 33 points and six assists along with seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia was able to grind out a solid win over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday, winning 117-107. Center Joel Embiid continued his habit of dropping crazy stat lines, posting a double-double on 42 points and 14 boards in addition to four blocks. The contest made it Embiid’s sixth in a row with at least 32 points.
Los Angeles is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Oklahoma City Thunder Nov. 4 easily too and instead slipped up with a 107-104. In other words, don’t count the Sixers out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center — Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $126.00
The 76ers are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Lakers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the 76ers as a 1.5-point favorite.
See NBA picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Philadelphia have won eight out of their last 12 games against Los Angeles.
- Mar 25, 2021 – Philadelphia 109 vs. Los Angeles 101
- Jan 27, 2021 – Philadelphia 107 vs. Los Angeles 106
- Mar 03, 2020 – Los Angeles 120 vs. Philadelphia 107
- Jan 25, 2020 – Philadelphia 108 vs. Los Angeles 91
- Feb 10, 2019 – Philadelphia 143 vs. Los Angeles 120
- Jan 29, 2019 – Philadelphia 121 vs. Los Angeles 105
- Dec 07, 2017 – Los Angeles 107 vs. Philadelphia 104
- Nov 15, 2017 – Philadelphia 115 vs. Los Angeles 109
- Mar 12, 2017 – Philadelphia 118 vs. Los Angeles 116
- Dec 16, 2016 – Los Angeles 100 vs. Philadelphia 89
- Jan 01, 2016 – Los Angeles 93 vs. Philadelphia 84
- Dec 01, 2015 – Philadelphia 103 vs. Los Angeles 91
Injury Report for Philadelphia
- Tobias Harris: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Seth Curry: Out (Ankle)
- Shake Milton: Out (Back)
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- LeBron James: Out (Knee)
- Sekou Doumbouya: Out (Covid-19)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)