Combat working day is in this article. Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier are ultimately set to settle the rating on Saturday night time inside of the T-Mobile Arena in the main event of UFC 264. The pair have traded verbal barbs all week very long as McGregor continues to insist that Poirier is “a lifeless gentleman” when they enter the Octagon. Poirier, meanwhile, has brushed off just about anything though keeping interesting, calm and gathered.
The combatants very first met in 2014 on McGregor’s rise to superstardom when the Irishman scored a very first-round TKO of Poirier, who was also a soaring contender in the featherweight division at the time. Then, the two met seven many years later on in January in the light-weight division with Poirier night the rating with a next-round TKO of his have. Now they glimpse to put the closing touches on this rivalry in arguably the largest PPV event of the yr.
The card also attributes the return of welterweight title contenders when Stephen Thompson and Gilbert Burns fulfill in the co-main event. The two fighters have occur up quick in their bids to turn out to be champion a few periods, but each are however in just selection of receiving yet another crack with a gain on Saturday. Moreover, bantamweight knockout artist “Suga” Sean O’Malley is again when he faces UFC debutant Kris Moutinho to open the PPV festivities.
Are unable to get more than enough boxing and MMA? Get the latest in the globe of beat sporting activities from two of the best in the small business. Subscribe to Morning Kombat with Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell for the best assessment and in-depth information, like the best storylines to follow at UFC 264 beneath.
There was a bit of controversy on the scales for a person of the undercard fights on Friday. Women’s bantamweight Irene Aldana missed the mark by 3.5 kilos for her scheduled bout with Yana Kunitskaya set for the main card. It can be the next straight time that a Kunitskaya opponent has missed this terribly, but the very first pass up by Aldana in her occupation. The struggle will however go forward with Aldana forfeiting thirty% of her purse to Kunitskaya.
CBS Athletics will be with you all week very long with live protection from Las Vegas for each Morning Kombat and CBS Athletics HQ. Continue to keep it locked to this web page for constant updates on the struggle card, information from the press conferences and availabilities as properly as highlights from the weigh-ins. We will also have you lined on struggle night time with our live web site for round-by-round updates during the night time. Test out the comprehensive struggle card beneath with the latest odds from William Hill Sportsbook as properly as a glimpse again at all the information and assessment foremost up to Saturday night time.
UFC 264 struggle card, odds
- Dustin Poirier -a hundred twenty five vs. Conor McGregor +one hundred and five, light-weight
- Stephen Thompson -a hundred and sixty vs. Gilbert Burns +one hundred thirty five, welterweight
- Tai Tuivasa -one hundred fifty vs. Greg Hardy +a hundred twenty five, heavyweight
- Irene Aldana -one hundred twenty vs. Yana Kunitskaya +one hundred, women’s bantamweight
- Sean O’Malley -900 vs. Kris Moutinho +600, bantamweight
- Max Griffin -200 vs. Carlos Condit +one hundred seventy, welterweight
- Michel Pereira -one hundred eighty vs. Niko Selling price +one hundred fifty five, welterweight
- Dricus Du Plessis -one hundred twenty vs. Trevin Giles +one hundred, middleweight
- Ilia Topuria -230 vs. Ryan Hall +190, featherweight
- Jennifer Maia -195 vs. Jessica Eye +a hundred sixty five, women’s flyweight
- Brad Tavares -one hundred seventy vs. Omari Akhmedov +one hundred forty five, middleweight
- Zhalgas Zhumaglov -310 vs. Jerome Rivera +250, flyweight
- Alen Amedovski -a hundred thirty vs. Hu Yaozong +a hundred and ten, middleweight
UFC 264 data
- Date: July ten
- Location: T-Mobile Arena — Las Vegas
- Commence time: ten p.m. ET (Principal card) | 8 p.m. ET (prelims) | 6 p.m. (early prelims)
- How to look at: ESPN+ PPV ($69.99)
UFC 264 countdown
Who wins Poirier vs. McGregor 3? And which fighter is a should-again? Visit SportsLine now to get in-depth best picks on UFC 264, all from the UFC insider who’s up virtually $nine,500 on MMA picks in the past yr, and come across out.