CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The defending 2021 NCAA Champions gained in dominant vogue in a top rated-10 street showdown in opposition to No. nine Virginia.
Texas remaining its mark in opposition to the Cavaliers boasting four Virginia pool records on the way to its third earn of the period.
• The four hundred property medley relay of Anthony Grimm, Caspar Corbeau, Alvin Jiang and Daniel Krueger began working day two’s level of competition in profitable vogue with a time of 3:09.forty seven.
• It was nothing but Longhorns in front of the five hundred freestyle as Texas took the top rated four occasions led by David Johnston’s period-best time of four:22.21. Coby Carrozza (four:twenty five.sixty nine), Alex Zettle (four:27.28) and Luke Hobson (four:27.eighty two) followed.
• Jake Foster gained his 1st of two particular person events on the final working day of level of competition in the 200 breaststroke with a time of 1:fifty five.ninety one. He later established a pool file in the 200 IM with his time of 1:45.66.
• Carson Foster ongoing his dominating weekend using down Ryan Lochte’s pool file in the 200 backstroke to earn the function with the nation’s primary time of 1:forty two.14.
• Krueger and Drew Kibler went just one and two in the 100 freestyle at 43.05 and 43.seventy four, respectively.
• Alvin Jiang edged out Virginia’s Klinksiek in the final seconds in the 100 butterfly with his time of forty seven.71.
• Krueger, Corbeau, Auchinachie and Kibler helped Texas go eight for eight on the working day, profitable the 200 totally free relay with a time of 1:18.sixty one.
Texas returns home to host the Texas Diving Invitational on Nov. 18 – Nov. 20.