DALLAS – No. 1 Texas Men’s Swimming and Diving founded seven pool information on the way to a 164-127 victory above SMU at the Robson & Lindley Aquatics Centre and Barr-McMillion Natatorium on Friday.
The Longhorns opened the meet up with with a pool file in the 200 medley relay as freshman Anthony Grimm, junior Caspar Corbeau, senior Alvin Jiang and senior Cameron Auchinachie combined to clock a season-best time of 1:23.00.
Freshman Luke Hobson adopted with a pool record of his own in the 1,000 cost-free, touching the wall with the speediest time in the NCAA this time at 8:43.66.
Senior Drew Kibler extra a 3rd pool document, swimming 1:32.74 in the 200 free, the fifth-fastest time in the NCAA this year.
Sophomore Carson Foster tallied a pool record in the 200 back again with a time of 1:39.35, the 2nd-speediest time in the NCAA this period, Corbeau received the 200 breaststroke with a pool report time of 1:53.87 and junior Jake Foster registered a 1:43.78 in the 200 IM for yet another best mark.
UT shut out the evening with the fastest time in pool history in the 200 absolutely free relay with a time of 1:17.18 from Grimm, Corbeau, Kibler and senior Daniel Krueger.
- Texas went 1-2-3 in the 1,000 no cost, with Hobson buying up the get, sophomore David Johnston submitting the second-fastest mark in the NCAA this period at 8:43.96 to area second and Jake Foster finishing 3rd 8:49.85.
- UT also collected the leading 3 places in the 200 absolutely free, as Kibler was followed by Krueger (1:34.60) and junior Peter Larson (1:35.37) in next and 3rd, respectively.
- The Longhorns swept the 100 back, with Jiang buying up the get in 45.83, Auchinachie (46.95) positioning second and sophomore Chris O’Connor (47.55) taking third.
- Coby Carrozza gained a pair of races, with the sophomore putting first in the 200 fly (1:42.96) and 100 free of charge (43.80).
- Sophomore Noah Duperre scored 401.85 factors to get the 3-meter springboard and posted the best rating in the 1-meter springboard with 348.08 points.
- Senior Alex Zettle gained the 500 free with a time of 4:21.74.
- Jiang also received the 100 fly with a time 45.82.
Future up, the Longhorns get started postseason level of competition when they head to West Virginia for the Significant 12 Convention Championships, Feb. 23-26.