AUSTIN, Texas — The White Workforce surged to an 87-44 direct just after Thursday’s opening working day of The College of Texas Men’s Swimming and Diving Orange-White satisfy at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center. The satisfy marks the to start with formal competition of the 2020-21 year.
The Longhorns set or tied four satisfy information in four of the six individual gatherings contested on Thursday. A pair of freshmen, David Johnston in the five hundred-yard freestyle (four:16.45) and Carson Foster in the 200-yard individual medley (1:forty three.73), set satisfy information in their respective collegiate debuts. Sophomore Caspar Corbeau topped the satisfy history in the one hundred-yard breaststroke (51.ninety nine), though junior Daniel Krueger tied the satisfy history in the fifty-yard freestyle (19.32).
- Senior Alvin Jiang kicked off the satisfy with a earn in the one hundred-yard backstroke (45.70), though senior Austin Katz (forty six.eighty) took second.
- Sophomore Caspar Corbeau gained the one hundred-yard breaststroke (51.ninety nine), though freshman Carson Foster (53.fifty five) positioned second. Corbeau’s time set an Orange-White satisfy history in the event, besting the former mark set by Charlie Scheinfeld (fifty two.86).
- Senior Sam Pomajevich claimed the 200-yard butterfly (1:forty two.seventy eight), and sophomore Cole Crane (1:45.04) concluded runner-up.
- Junior Daniel Krueger gained the fifty-yard freestyle (19.32), edging out Alvin Jiang (19.sixty four). Krueger’s time tied the Orange-White satisfy history in the event, formerly set by himself and Joseph Education.
- Freshman David Johnston created an fast impact in his collegiate debut with a earn in the five hundred-yard freestyle (four:16.45), Johnston’s time set an Orange-White satisfy history, topping the former mark set by Clark Smith (four:eighteen.ninety eight). In point, the top rated a few finishers in the event – junior Drew Kibler in second (four:16.58) and junior Alex Zettle in third (four:seventeen.84) – eclipsed the former satisfy history.
- Freshman Carson Foster claimed the 200-yard individual medley (1:forty three.73), beating out his older brother, sophomore Jake Foster (1:44.fifty). Carson Foster’s time set an Orange-White satisfy history, topping the former mark set by John Shebat (1:44.fifty two).
- The White team’s quartet of Austin Katz, Caspar Corbeau, Alvin Jiang and Daniel Krueger capped off the to start with day’s action with a earn in the 200-yard medley relay (1:25.25).
The Orange-White satisfy concludes on Friday, Oct. 2. Motion will get started at three:thirty p.m. CT and contain equally swimming and diving gatherings. Due to wellness and protection protocols, the satisfy is closed to the general public.