AUSTIN, Texas — The White staff completed off a 185-131 victory in The College of Texas Men’s Swimming and Diving Orange-White meet on Friday at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Centre. The meet marked the to start with formal competitors of the 2020-21 season.
The Longhorns set a pair of meet records in the seven personal swimming functions contested on Friday. Sophomore Caspar Corbeau topped the meet report in the two hundred-yard breaststroke (one:53.forty eight), though freshman David Johnston set a meet report in the one,000-yard freestyle (8:55.31). In the diving effectively, senior Jordan Windle swept the one-meter and 3-meter springboard functions.
Meet up with Highlights
- Junior Daniel Krueger begun off Friday’s motion with a victory in the a hundred-yard freestyle (42.07), though junior Drew Kibler (forty three.32) claimed second. Krueger’s time narrowly skipped besting his own Orange-White meet report (41.99). This marked Krueger’s second personal occasion win of the meet, as he also claimed the 50-yard freestyle victory on Thursday.
- Senior Austin Katz received the two hundred-yard backstroke (one:41.seventy seven). His time was just off his own meet report (one:41.68).
- Sophomore Caspar Corbeau claimed the win in the two hundred-yard breaststroke (one:53.forty eight), though sophomore Jake Foster (one:56.53) took second. Corbeau’s time set a meet report, shattering his own former mark (one:55.forty nine) by additional than two seconds. This marked Corbeau’s second personal occasion win of the meet, as he also attained the a hundred-yard breaststroke victory on Thursday.
- Freshman David Johnston received the one,000-yard freestyle (8:55.31), though junior Alex Zettle placed second (8:58.54). Johnston’s time set a meet report, topping the former mark set by Zettle (8:58.07). This marked Johnston’s second personal occasion win of the meet, as he also attained the five hundred-yard freestyle victory on Thursday.
- Senior Jordan Windle captured the victory on the one-meter springboard (193.50 factors), though freshman Noah Duperre claimed second (178.70 factors).
- Junior Drew Kibler attained the win in the two hundred-yard freestyle (one:34.forty six), though freshman Coby Carrozza placed second (one:35.fourteen) and junior Daniel Krueger took third (one:36.fifty two).
- Senior Alvin Jiang received the a hundred-yard butterfly (forty six.03), though senior Sam Pomajevich placed second (47.sixty three) and sophomore Cole Crane took third (47.90). This marked Jiang’s second personal occasion win of the meet, as he also attained the a hundred-yard backstroke victory on Thursday.
- Freshman Carson Foster claimed the 400-yard personal medley (3:41.32), though his more mature brother, sophomore Jake Foster, took second (3:forty four.forty nine). This marked Carson Foster’s second personal occasion win of the meet, as he also attained the two hundred-yard personal medley title on Thursday. It also marked the to start with time the occasion was contested at the Orange-White meet.
- The White team’s quartet of Caspar Corbeau, senior Luke Bowman, Alvin Jiang and Daniel Krueger received the two hundred-yard freestyle relay (one:eighteen.57).
- Senior Jordan Windle capped off the meet with a win on the 3-meter springboard (206.30 factors), though freshman Noah Duperre took second (171.53 factors).