Air Force @ UNLV
Current Records: Air Force 10-11; UNLV 13-10
What to Know
The Air Force Falcons and the UNLV Rebels will face off in a Mountain West clash at 10 p.m. ET Feb. 8 at Thomas & Mack Center. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
The contest between the Falcons and the New Mexico Lobos this past Saturday was not a total blowout, but with Air Force falling 91-77 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. A silver lining for Air Force was the play of guard Jake Heidbreder, who had 20 points in addition to six boards.
Meanwhile, UNLV ended up a good deal behind the Utah State Aggies when they played this past Saturday, losing 90-75. Guard Bryce Hamilton did his best for UNLV, finishing with 33 points (a whopping 44% of their total) along with five rebounds.
Air Force is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. Now might not be the best time to take the Falcons against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Air Force beat the Rebels 69-62 in the teams’ previous meeting last month. The rematch might be a little tougher for Air Force since the team won’t have home-court advantage. We’ll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Thomas & Mack Center — Las Vegas, Nevada
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $39.00
The Rebels are a big 10.5-point favorite against the Falcons, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 10.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
UNLV have won 11 out of their last 15 games against Air Force.
- Jan 20, 2022 – Air Force 69 vs. UNLV 62
- Mar 10, 2021 – UNLV 80 vs. Air Force 52
- Feb 08, 2021 – UNLV 69 vs. Air Force 64
- Feb 06, 2021 – UNLV 68 vs. Air Force 58
- Jan 04, 2020 – UNLV 71 vs. Air Force 59
- Feb 12, 2019 – UNLV 77 vs. Air Force 72
- Jan 16, 2019 – Air Force 106 vs. UNLV 88
- Mar 07, 2018 – UNLV 97 vs. Air Force 90
- Feb 14, 2018 – UNLV 81 vs. Air Force 73
- Jan 10, 2018 – UNLV 81 vs. Air Force 76
- Feb 22, 2017 – Air Force 81 vs. UNLV 58
- Jan 21, 2017 – UNLV 87 vs. Air Force 85
- Mar 09, 2016 – UNLV 108 vs. Air Force 102
- Feb 16, 2016 – Air Force 79 vs. UNLV 74
- Jan 16, 2016 – UNLV 100 vs. Air Force 64
Injury Report for UNLV
- Marvin Coleman: Game-Time Decision (Illness)
- Donovan Williams: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Victor Iwuakor: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- James Hampshire: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
Injury Report for Air Force
- Ethan Taylor: Game-Time Decision (Foot)