F1 QUALIFYING Stay: Latest updates from Bahrain as Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes bid to pip resurgent Max Verstappen and Crimson Bull to pole in advance of curtain raiser
- Bahrain Grand Prix qualifying will get underway this afternoon at 3pm GMT
- Removed FROM Q1: Esteban Ocon, Nicholas Latifi, Sebastian Vettel, Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin
- Removed FROM Q2: Sergio Perez, Antonio Giovinazzi, Yuki Tsunoda, Kimi Raikkonen and George Russell
- Max Verstappen and Crimson Bull have revealed fantastic sort in follow and testing
- Amid queries of sandbagging, we are established to find Mercedes’ correct tempo
- Latest System A person information, reside motion and outcomes can be identified proper here
All the speaking, screening and follow is accomplished, and so Lewis Hamilton’s tilt at Entire world Championship selection eight begins below.
The Brit stormed to a report-equalling seventh title in a Mercedes that left the relaxation of the field in its wake final marketing campaign, breaking all fashion of records in the process.
But any notion that he will have it all his have way when extra must be defused, with Max Verstappen and Crimson Bull displaying early indicators that they could have what it usually takes to give the reigning king a authentic combat this time all over.
Verstappen topped the timesheet in all 3 follow periods and will glimpse to lay down an early marker in Saturday’s qualifying session.
Sportsmail’s OLLIE LEWIS will offer reside F1 qualifying coverage together with lap periods, swiftest laps, pit stops and crashes.