10 storylines to look at in the NFC this season.
1) Can Tom Brady continue on to defy Father Time? The Buccaneers show up outfitted for a repeat run immediately after the long run Hall of Fame quarterback won his seventh Tremendous Bowl in 10 appearances previous season. Tampa Bay delivers again its complete offense as properly as its linchpins on protection, including former Bronco Shaquil Barrett.
2) Will Christian McCaffrey return to All-Pro sort? The Valor Christian High University alum experienced a historic 2019 when he turned just the third player in NFL record with 1,000 yards dashing and obtaining in a season. But many accidents constrained him to a few games in 2020. The Panthers need McCaffrey healthy and dynamic yet again in 2021.
3) How will the Rams fare with Matthew Stafford? Los Angeles traded Jared Goff, a third-rounder and a pair of first-spherical draft picks to Detroit for Stafford, whom mentor Sean McVay believes is the lacking piece to earning a different Tremendous Bowl run. Rams fans are hoping the gamble pays off immediately after a disappointing 2020.
four) Can Eco-friendly Bay set aside its drama? Quarterback Aaron Rodgers manufactured it crystal clear during the offseason that he did not want to perform for the Packers in 2021. But the Packers, in transform, did not budge on shifting him, so Rodgers will be counted on to get Eco-friendly Bay to the Tremendous Bowl immediately after consecutive NFC championship losses.
5) Will Dak Prescott and the Cowboys return to relevance? Dallas has missed the playoffs two yrs in a row, and Prescott played just five games previous calendar year thanks to an ankle personal injury. Prescott was constrained early in schooling camp thanks to a shoulder personal injury, but if he’s healthy, the Cowboys are able of earning sounds in the weak NFC East.
six) What’s Kyler Murray’s probable in 12 months 3? The Arizona QB and former No. 1 in general select was the AP Offensive Rookie of the 12 months in 2019, then adopted that up with a Pro Bowl season. But the Cardinals sputtered immediately after a 5-2 start and feel the pressure to write-up their first successful season due to the fact 2015.
7) How will the Saints fare write-up-Drew Brees? Brees retired next a 20-calendar year NFL career, the ultimate fifteen of which arrived in New Orleans. QB Jameis Winston, who was 28-forty two across five seasons as a starter in Tampa Bay, normally takes in excess of the reins under centre. A fifth straight South title could possibly be a stretch.
eight) Can the Seahawks make a deep playoff press? Pete Carroll guided Seattle to consecutive Tremendous Bowl appearances in 2013 and ’14, but Seattle has not highly developed to the meeting championship in its five playoff appearances due to the fact. Quarterback Russell Wilson is continue to elite but the D stays mediocre.
9) Can Matt Ryan make the Falcons relevant yet again? In addition to the Jaguars and Jets, Atlanta was the league’s other huge dumpster fireplace in 2020. Coach Dan Quinn and GM Thomas Dimitroff had been fired together the way. Does Ryan, 36, have anything at all left?
10) Really should Jalen Hurts give Philly fans hope? Hurts manufactured his first NFL start in 7 days thirteen previous calendar year and led the Eagles to a earn in excess of the Saints, but lost his ultimate a few begins. His fifty two% completion amount leaves significantly to be desired, but in the unpredictable East, development from Hurts just could possibly make Philadelphia a contender.